Legal and Other Relevant Experience
Robert K. Gresham
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, NY, NY, 2000, heavy corporate, finance and commercial law concentration.
- B.A., Washington & Lee University, Lexington, VA, 1986.
- Graduate of Darlington School, Rome, Georgia, 1982.
- Admitted to practice in Georgia.
- 2010 - Closing counsel on a $50 million asset sale by Atlanta finance company. Involved in all aspects of the transaction from letter of intent onward.
- 2009 - In-house counsel for Atlanta finance company handling all corporate legal needs of the client.
- Former corporate associate in “AmLaw 100” Wall Street firm (Stroock & Stroock & Lavan) responsible for the execution and closing of a broad variety of complex transactions including public and private mergers and acquisitions (with both domestic and international components), private equity, private placements, tender offers, project finance, debt and equity subscriptions, workouts, corporate governance issues, regulatory compliance and negotiations, due diligence and related research.
- Formation of dozens of business entities and associated organizational documents including Articles of Incorporation, bylaws, operating agreements, shareholder and member agreements, debt and equity subscriptions, etc.
- Drafting and negotiating thousands of documents of all types including contracts, regulatory filings, opinion letters, term sheets, due diligence and research memoranda, etc.
- Frequent experience supervising other associates, paralegals, and other staff in the processes of document creation, distribution and retention, and closings.
- Execution of more than 20 public tender offers for hybrid hedge fund division of an international investment bank client. Conducted written and oral negotiations with the SEC with respect to these transactions.
- Execution of more than 10 public and private acquisitions and subsequent rollups of the North American distribution network of a large international client.
- Execution of acquisition and multi-staged financing of an international subsidiary of a large domestic company by a private equity fund client.
- Execution of more than 20 transactions involving the continuing purchase of large amounts of debt by an international investment bank client.
- Experience in many other matters involving litigation, real estate, intellectual property, labor and bankruptcy matters.
- Contributed over 100 hours to 9/11 pro bono efforts in South Manhattan under the auspices of Small Business Administration programs, provided business rebuilding advice and claim support to many displaced small business owners.
- Have attended over 50 Practising Law Institute seminars related to various aspects of transactional law.
- Sole author - Robert K. Gresham, Update on Proposed Amendments to NASD Corporate Financing Rule, Derivatives Report, Jan. 2002.
- Led team of five law student clerks in assisting the Grievance Arbitrator of the National Basketball Association in arbitrating the lockout that delayed the 1998-1999 professional basketball season. Drafted significant, substantive sections of the resulting arbitration decision. Clerked and drafted decisions for several other individual NBA arbitrations.
Startup and operation of three companies, created and implemented all operational systems of the companies including entity formation, leases, office/store layout, manufacturer and model selection and related negotiations, inventory, pricing, sales, marketing, banking & finance, utilities, regulatory compliance, etc.